It is important your organization has a reliable email system in order to ensure smooth communication within the organization and without. If you are looking to make a change from your previous email system to Microsoft 365, we have put together a blog post to help with your information gathering and make taking a decision easier.
To start with, Microsoft 365 (formerly known as Office 365) is the productivity cloud designed to help each of us achieve what matters, in our work and life, with best-in-class Office apps, intelligent cloud services, and advanced security. It provides cloud-based solutions for communication and collaboration. Microsoft 365 comes as a subscription package and it consists of:
- Exchange Online (Premium Email System from Microsoft)
- Sharepoint Online
- Skype for Business
- Cloud Based Office App and Desktop Version (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Notes, Access)
- One Drive
Among the benefits of Microsoft 365 to your organization are:
- You can access your mails and files from anywhere.
- Improved communication with Skype for business and Microsoft Teams
- Office 365 gives users tools to keep communication centralized and straightforward across Skype and Outlook. Skype for Business lets you hold conference calls and meetings with staff and external agencies anywhere in the world, so you can always collaborate and communicate regardless of distance or time difference. Teams provides an instant messaging function where comments can be added and files uploaded at the same time, which is useful for cross-department collaboration and when co-authoring documents
- Predictable spend i.e. Office365 is paid-for on a per user, per month basis, like a subscription.
- With files stored in the cloud and regularly backed up, your organization will continue to operate as normal in the case of a disaster at the office. No matter what happens to your physical devices, your email, files and data are safely stored in the cloud.
- Microsoft 365 features Centralized Collaboration and Automatic Upgrade